The Royal Australian Historical Society has occupied its current premises at 133 Macquarie Street, Sydney, since early 1971. The house was designed in 1871 by the architect George Allen Mansfield for his uncle George Oakes, a well-known pastoralist and politician, and was a typical upper middle class Victorian town house.

History House was the last in a row of quality Victorian town houses to be built on the west side of Macquarie Street. The building is protected by a Permanent Conservation Order issued by the Heritage Council of New South Wales, is classified by the National Trust and is listed by the Australian Heritage Commission on the Register of the National Estate.

Learn more about History House.

Hire History House.

History House

Print Friendly, PDF & Email