This festival highlight’s the history of the timber industry and its valued past, present and future. Festivalgoers will get to view some of the important parts of the timber history of the Shoalhaven.
- View Photos and Displays of the early Timber Getting Days dating back to the 1800s.
- Historic information of the timber industry, past and present.
- Talk to representatives of the past and present building, timber and logging days.
- View the many tools used in the late 1800′s and the 1900’s to cut and prepare timber for housing, fencing, wharves, boats and so much more.
- View DVDs of sawmills and timber harvesting.
- Take a stroll through the many woodwork and other handcrafted stalls.
- See the skills of splitting fence posts and shingles.
- Experience real timber men using a crosscut saw (and have a go yourself).
- Wood chops and chain saw demonstrations.
- Discover the heritage of people and places from Milton Ulladulla – Shoalhaven – South Coast – Australian history.
Click here for more information.