The Oral History NSW Excellence in Community History Award (new in 2018) acknowledges the work of individuals or community groups who are recording the histories of their communities. Eligible projects may include the development of new oral history collections, digital and multimedia projects (including websites or podcasts) and printed publications based on oral history interviews. The winner of the award receives $500.
- Applicants must be members of OHNSW and undertaking projects based in the ACT and/or NSW
- Eligible projects must have been completed in the 12 months prior to the entry submission date
- The prize is open to community-based oral history practitioners. This includes members of volunteer organisations, professional historians and freelance workers
- Projects that have received funding in the form of research grants or institutional support are eligible
- Projects conducted towards an educational qualification or degree are not eligible for this award
Applications close 30 June 2018.
Further information about the award, including the application process, can be viewed on the OHNSW website.