National Family History Month (NFHM) – An initiative of Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations (AFFHO)
Family history and genealogy is one of the most popular hobbies around the world. There are over 250,000 Australians who are members of family history related organisations and the month has broad appeal across Australia. Libraries, archives and other organisations also participate in National Family History Month.
During August events will be conducted across Australia and online that focus on genealogy, family history, heraldry and related subjects. Check your state for details of local events and remember to check online events which you can do at home.
Some of the events based in New South Wales include:
- Open Day at Beulah Vista, Historic Resource and Reference Centre (Canterbury)
- Discussion on the recent changes to Familysearch.org (Emu Plains)
- Learn how to preserve your family documents and photos (Wollongong)
- Learn how to get started on your family history (Penrith)
- Botany Bay Family History Society Open Day (Caringbah South)
To learn more about the above events and to browse the full list, visit National Family History Month.