Kogarah Historical Society is pleased to announce its third Local History essay competition for the purpose of encouraging research and recording events in our district’s past. Entries should focus on any aspect of the history of the Kogarah or Georges River Council area and can include environmental heritage, built heritage, events and personalities.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be in English, unpublished, and be the original work of the entrant.
- Word length is not restricted, but preferably should not exceed 3000 words.
- Entries should provide references and captioned illustrations are encouraged.
- Entries must be typed on A4 size pages, presented loose leaf, unbound or sent by electronic PDF.
- The author’s name should not be on the manuscript. A separate cover sheet should be included with the title of the entry and contact details for the author. All entries will be acknowledged by email or by telephone if no email is given.
- Copyright remains with the author, but Kogarah Historical Society reserves the right to publish winning entries in our newsletter and place selected entries on our Website.
- Entries should be sent to The Secretary, Kogarah Historical Society, PO Box 367, Kogarah, 1485, be handed in at our monthly meeting or emailed to email@example.com. Entries must be in the hands of the receiving officer by 11 November 2021.
Eligibility to Submit
The award is open to all persons over the age of 15 years and welcomes submissions from members and non-members, residents and non-residents of Georges River area.
- A first prize of $1000 will be awarded and a $500 runner-up prize
- Independent judges will be appointed and the judges’ decision shall be final
- No entries will be returned and essays submitted will be housed, catalogued and indexed by our Local Studies Library
- Presentation of prizes will take place at the Society’s meeting 10 February 2022
Further inquiries: Contact Gill Whan (Ph: 0439 667 843) or Adele Ryan (Ph: 0444 566 329)