RAHS Special Event – An Introduction to Managing Local Societies in Changing Times
April 28 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm$10
This session is an introduction to an extensive program of sessions dealing with the management of local societies, scheduled for later in the year. The introduction will look at three key areas of concern for local societies:
- Governance and societies
- There was no RAHS Conference in 2020 so we were unable to offer our members the opportunity to attend the popular Business Session. Governance and societies will bring members and others up to date with the latest news on managing local societies and groups.
- Arranging and describing your collection
- Local societies have an important role in preserving the history of their local communities ─ the memories of today and tomorrow ─ through their collections of documents, photographs and museum objects. This session will consider how best to arrange and describe these collections for future generations.
- Planning a digitisation project
- ‘A well-developed project plan, that takes into consideration all the factors and problems of your digitisation project, will be the most important document you create.’ This session will look at the key components of a digitisation plan.
Our speakers will be Suzanne Holohan (RAHS General Manager), Linda Emery (RAHS Councillor) and RAHS President Christine Yeats.
Please Note: The cost will be credited towards the cost of registering for the full program of sessions later in the year.BUY TICKETS