Royal Australian Historical Society Councillors and Staff would like to take this opportunity to warmly congratulate RAHS President, Associate Professor Carol Liston, on the award Officer (AO) in General Division of the Order Of Australia, for distinguished service to the preservation and documentation of Australian history and heritage, to professional societies, and to education as a teacher and mentor.
We would also like to congratulate the following recipients:
Officer AO in the General Division of the Order
Mr Terence Henry Lawler, Dudley, NSW
Fort Scratchley Historical Society
– For distinguished service to the community of the Hunter, particularly through advocacy for disability support organisations, to medical research and to business
Medal OAM of the Order of Australia in the General Division
Ms Robyn Nancy Florance, Bomaderry, NSW
Shoalhaven Historical Society and Nowra Museum, Shoalhaven Family History Society
– For services to community history and heritage preservation
Mr Phillip John Yeo, Bowral, NSW
Berrima District Historical & Family History Society Inc
– For services to local government to the community of the Wingecarribee and to education.
Mrs Catherine Elaine Lawson, Nimmitabel, NSW
Australian Garden History Society Inc.
– For services to horticultural history.
Mr Jack Oswald Sullivan, Merewether, NSW
Paterson Historical Society Inc., Gresford District Historical Society, Raymond Terrace & District Historical Society Inc.
– For services to community history.
Mr Frederick Bradley Finch, Kyogle, NSW
– For services to maritime history preservation.
The Royal Australian Historical Society notes with pleasure that Melbourne based historian Pat Grimshaw also received an AO.
The RAHS congratulates all recipients. Click here to view the full Australia Day 2017 Honours List.