Terms and Conditions Overview
All material published on the Royal Australian Historical Society’s website is at the Society’s sole discretion. You may be held legally responsible for the content you submit to its website.
Your contribution may be edited, removed or not published if the Society considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, privacy or contempt.
- intentionally false or misleading.
- an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- abusive or offensive, including obscenity, blasphemy and racial vilification.
- compromising the privacy of yourself, other contributors, or containing inappropriate personal information.
- seeking to endorse commercial products or activities or to solicit business.
- deliberate provocation of other community members.
The Society reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions to its interactive features across all platforms. The Society reserves the right to use contributions for internal training purposes.
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes and is subject to change without notice.
The Society attempts to ensure the content is accurate and current but make no warranty or representation about its accuracy or currency. Nothing on this website constitutes legal advice.
Despite our best efforts, the Society makes no warranties that our websites are free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Where the views or recommendations of third parties are given, these do not necessarily reflect the views of the Society.
This website is linked to websites over which the Society has no control. They are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those websites, or any associated organisation, product or service. Furthermore, the Society cannot make any warranty or representation about the accuracy or currency of the information on those websites and is not liable for the content of those websites.
Material published on the internet is protected by the same laws of copyright which apply to books, videos and music. Click here to review the Society’s copyright policy.