The Journal of the Royal Australian Historical Society (JRAHS) is distributed to RAHS members twice each year. Past issues can also be purchased:
- Most recent issue – $11.00
- Individual issues from vol. 78 onwards – $11.00
- Earlier issues (subject to availability) – $5.50
- Single article scanned/emailed or photocopied/posted – $7.50
- Please contact us if you require multiple articles.
Submitting an article:
The JRAHS is a peer-reviewed journal. All articles submitted for publication undergo a process of independent review by appropriately qualified historians prior to acceptance for publication. All material should follow specific guidelines:
- Material should be original research and not previously published
- The maximum length for articles is 8000 words
- Manuscripts should be typed and follow the guidelines set out in the JRAHS Style Guide
- Illustrated material should not be embedded in the electronic text but submitted as separate files.
- An abstract of approximately 100 words should be included with the manuscript along with a brief note (maximum 50 words) on the contributor including affiliations, expertise, areas of interest and list of publications. If the article is accepted for publication the Editor will request the article in electronic format.
One copy of the manuscript should be submitted:
The Editor – Journal of the Royal Australian Historical Society
133 Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting a book review
The Editor welcomes scholarly, non-fiction publications in Australian and Pacific history and politics for review. These should be addressed to the Book Review Editor at the above address.
The JRHAS has a Green Open Access policy. Green Open Access (self-archiving) is when authors deposit a version of their published work into a subject-based repository or an institutional repository.